If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sweet and Sour Pig Maw 酸甜猪肚

Hi all, sorry for not updating my blog for almost 2 months. Just realized that my blog also celebrate 10th years anniversary this year. After 10 years , time for me to slow down . I still cooking and baking, mostly bake sourdough , my new favourite ^_^. I still trying out new dishes and new cakes sometime. Like this simple sweet and sour pig maw, a dish that was inspired from a restaurant located at Klang.





For this dish, you have to use cooked pig maw. So the best way is when you cook Pig Maw pepper soup , you can cook more and save some to cook this dish, or use the leftover. So this dish best  to cook during CNY ^_^.

It will be nice if you also add some fresh pineapple (something like sweet and sour pork ). I omit it this time because i was lazy to go out to get the pineapple , Lolz ..Anyway, anything cooked with sweet and sour sauce, will not go wrong, yum yum!

Sweet and Sour Pig Maw 酸甜猪肚
1 cooked pig stomach ~260g, cut into pieces
1 small cucumber, cut small chunks
1 red chili, cut into few pieces
1/4 onion, cut into pieces
2 garlic, chopped

2 slices ginger

For sweet and sour sauces
1 and 1/2tbsp chili sauce
1tbsp Tomato ketchup
1tsp Oyster sauce
1tsp white vinegar
1tsp Sugar or to taste
1/2tsp Salt or to taste
5tbsp water

Method
1.Mix all ingredients for sweet and sour sauces in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Saute garlic and ginger till aroma,  add in cooked pig maw , stir fry for a while.
3. Pour in sweet and sour sauces, bring to boil.
4. Add in cucumber, chili and onions , continue stirring till sauce thickens and all ingredients well coated with the sauces.
5. Dish out and serve hot or warm with steamed rice.


Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

10 comments:

Diane said...

Interesting recipe. Well done on 10 years. I am coming up to 8 years and I also feel the need to slow down a bit!!! Have a good week Diane

My Little Space said...

Sonia, Happy 10th Blogaversary to you ! It has been fun knowing you and the rest of the blogger. 有缘见。。。哈哈 !
Best wishes, Kristy

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog every other day for new post so as to know that you are okay. I have been following you for some time and tried many of your cake and bread recipes. They are easy to follow and turned out really well. Your blog have turned me from a non baker to a regular who baked daily breakfast for my family and occasionally party and birthday cakes for my friends and loved one. On this special year to mark your journey of blogging, I decided not to be a silent supporter but to express my gratitude to you and for who you have inspired me to be today. I may not know you in person but you seems to be a close friend to me through you recipes where I could smell and taste when I baked them. On this special year, a big Thank You to you and may your blog be evergreen!

Best - BHian

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Diane, ya good job for your 8years , slow down will be good .

Kristy, Thanks. You still very active in your blog , amazed you have so much energy . Hopefully we will meet up one day.

BHian, You make my day , big hug to you . Thank you for your support for past 10 years.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 10th year anniversary. I truly enjoy your blog. Thank you for many pleasurable hours of reading.
Best wishes always,
Louise

Quay Po Cooks said...

Hi Sonia, long time no see. Congrats on your blog celebrating your 10th year. One of these days, we should go for tea. I m in US now but will be back in KL soon. Best regards to you n family. ❤️

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia..i wonder that your blog is off.but after i look again..it's on
Your blog inspiring me to try another food.thank you Sonia
Ria_solo

Artsylicious said...

Hi Sonia, how are you doing? Congrats on your 10th anniversary!! You have done an great job in creating perfect recipes, clear instructions, which benefit a lot of new cooks (and their families) like me... I really appreciate all the hard work you put in your blog! Thank you! :) P/S·next time when you get a pineapple, you can store some in the freezer, they will become handy when you need it in time like this. :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thank you very much for your support, Louise, Quay Po, Ria_solo and Siew .

Chambie Zuniga said...

I somehow miss the taste of Chop Suey after seeing your post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin