If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, April 10, 2015

Almond Cinnamon rolls 杏仁肉桂面包

Don't know since when, my children started to accept cinnamon related foods, keep asking me when I can make for them the apple tart (with cinnamon), cinnamon rolls, pulut twist (also with cinnamon), churros and etc..So i started with this almond cinnamon rolls.




Since this month's "Best Recipes for everyone" event is "almond", so i came out with this cinnamon rolls that filled with almond cinnamon paste and more flaked almonds on top.




Almond Cinnamon rolls 杏仁肉桂面包

For bread
350g High Protein flour or Bread flour
40g caster sugar

1/2tsp salt
1tsp instant yeast
210g fresh milk
25g unsalted butter, room temp.

For filling
40g unsalted butter, room temp.
40g caster sugar
40g almond meal or ground almond
1tsp cinnamon powder

For topping
1 egg, lightly beaten
35g flaked almonds

Method
  1. To make bread, mix all ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, mix and knead till smooth dough.
  2. Add in butter, knead till dough is elastic and smooth. Cover and set aside to proof till double.
  3. To make filling, beat butter and sugar till light and pale, add in almond meal &cinnamon powder, mix to combine.
  4. Punch down the dough to expel air, use a rolling pin, roll into 9”x12” rectangular. Spread almond mixture evenly on the dough. Roll it up like swiss roll, equally divide into 9 rolls.
  5. Place it on a baking pan (9’x9’), Let is proof for another 30-45mins.
  6. Brush egg on top of the dough then sprinkle flaked almond on top.
  7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 25mins or until golden brown.


Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover



I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY. 

15 comments:

nandoos kitchen said...

wow! looks great!

Veronica said...

Looks so lovely! I think I can smell the beautiful aroma of the cinnamon even from afar. Thanks for sharing Sonia.

Anonymous said...

How much cinnamon is used? It is not listed in the ingredients.

My Little Space said...

I want some too for my breakfast. I'm having my coffee right now after my morning chore at home. So relaxing !
Hope you're having a great weekend dear.
Blessings, Kristy

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Anonymous, Oppss, i was lost memory, how could i missed to type this important ingredient, ok, i have just revised the recipe. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Angelic Heart~ said...

my all time favorite bun.

mui mui said...

Hi Ah Chi,
These are such lovely cinnamon rolls.
Love the generous serving of almond flakes on top.
That is the best part of homemade, we can always add more of what we love ;)
mui

Fion said...

我好爱肉桂的哦,这面包肯定Ngam我

eeping said...

Hi is it possible to replace the butter from your bread recipe with olive oil?

.:JiNgYi:. said...

Hi, so there's no use of any eggs for this recipe?

teo ai li said...

Hi Sonia, I baked these rolls today.....the taste was great! But my rolls were hard, dense and they did not expand at all during proofing and baking. I used the S hook to knead the dough. Could this be the problem or was it my yeast was not active? I baked in a 9'x9x'x3' square baking tin. Is 3' height ok? Kindly help because they really tasted great and I would like to bake again. Thanks for your help!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Teo ai li, do it during hot weather so dough easy to be active and rise well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia

I baked this for weekend breakfast but the next day I felt the roll too thick, is this the correct texture?

Jocelyn

cinnamon said...

Hey,

Cinnamon Rolls are our family top choices too. Looks yummy. Thank you so much for sharing the great article. We will also try to cook like this.

Pooi Wan said...

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for your great sharing. Just made this yesterday and it is success.!! All my family love it so much.. :) God bless you yeah for your kindness

Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin