If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Nishiki Market 錦市場, where to get pickled sakura (2), Kyoto Japan


I like to visit local market when I travel to a foreign country. Nishiki market in Kyoto is one of market that you should not missed if you visit to Kyoto..



IMG_3418

The famous brand of matcha, i forgot to buy one..
IMG_3420

IMG_3423

wide spread of cooked dishes
IMG_3427

many varieties of picked vegetables
IMG_3428

IMG_3429

first time seeing pickled eggplants
IMG_3430


IMG_3432

If not my husband stop me, i would have carry a bag of Japanese rice back home, hehehe..

IMG_3434

IMG_3435

IMG_3437

IMG_3439

IMG_3440

All sort of beans..
IMG_3441


IMG_3442

IMG_3443

IMG_3444

IMG_3445

IMG_3449

IMG_3450

I also forgot to buy a bottle of yuzu wine..
IMG_3451

Bonita flakes..
IMG_3452

yummy sushi stall..
IMG_3453

IMG_3454

IMG_3455

IMG_3457

very colourful dried noodles
IMG_3460

IMG_3462

more pickled vegetables

IMG_3464

IMG_3467

I bought this sushi, the packing is so cute
IMG_3478

Very fresh fish, yummy!
IMG_3479

Ok, you can also buy pickled sakura here, i saw only one stall selling, don't need to look for other stall..


We saw a small temple after walk out from the market
IMG_3469

IMG_3471

IMG_3473

IMG_3474

22 comments:

Mel said...

Hello Sonia,
I have enjoyed viewing all the photos here! So many things to buy, isn't it? Your hub must be saying "Don't be silly Sonia, buy rice?" I chuckled to laughed too....

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post and pictures thank you for sharing

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我喜欢那里的market
干净
待客亲切
而且货品琳琅满目
可惜你忘了买绿茶回来

Unknown said...

That is why I love Japan. Every where is so clean even their wet market, if you got stop by. Can't wait to visit Japan again.

Cosy Bake said...

Great sharing, and thanks for all the info!

Yannie said...

Looking at the pictures above, all the goodies make me want to visit Japan also.

Sally said...

哇,他们的market好多东西看噢。。
呵呵。。上次我去台湾,也想把台湾米扛回来,
结果当然是被我家老爷阻止啦哈哈。。。

PH said...

The market is so neat and clean and so many nice things. If I were there sure want to buy everything.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, my friend's parents from HK did buy a pack of rice back to Hk& it was like 9kg!This pickled Sakura must be very popular in Kyoto as when I checked with my gf from Nagoya,she never heard of itbuenos she is helping me to find in Nagoya later & is she can't find them,she will buy online & send to her mother's house as she has moved to Sydney! thanks for sharing all these beautiful pictures with us

Adina Aruştei said...

your trip, it's amazing. i wish id have the opportunity to travel to JP too..
someday :)

Baby Sumo said...

Their market looks so clean, not like KL right!

Dumpling Love said...

I also love going to the local markets at various places. Nishiki market looks huge! I think I would (gladly) spend an entire day there =P haha. Oh, you know what? I actually carried back some Japanese rice! Good thing my other things were all lightweight.

Annie's Journal said...

I really enjoyed going on a market tour with you. Thank you:)

mia111 said...

oh sonia!!! i am like you too! I like to visit market! This post is so inspiring~ they have so many varieties of goods in the market and they look really original too! I would be bringing everything home too... but rice is definitely too heavy to bring home~

Gastrojourney said...

Wow!! There're really loads of good stuff in that market. Thank you for the nice pictures and it really makes me feel like visiting Japan in the future! I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Li Shuan said...

thanks for sharing great pics and useful info. Haha..I think Jessie is quite right that the pickle Sakura must be something popular only in Kyoto. My friend from Tokyo also didn't have have a clue what's that when I showed her the pic.

Sissi said...

It looks like you have been to a paradise! I could look at these pictures forever... Thanks for sharing with us such delightful moments! I wish I was there now.

chow and chatter said...

wow what a cool food market adore visiting food markets when traveling too, thanks for bringing us along

Bakericious said...

Sonia, you are tempting me to visit Japan again lol.

kym said...

wow.. japan!! lot of things that can see at u here.. thks sharing :)

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia, your post makes me hungry ! :D I just can imagine your hubby carrying that bag of rice ! lol

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I love seeing Japanese things from point of view. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin